Arrochar Parish Church linked with Luss Parish Church
The Parishes based at Luss and Arrochar are currently seeking to call a Minister to serve within this linked charge. Due to the low population density in this rural area this is a 70% stipend appointment offered on the basis of unrestricted tenure. Informal contacts can be made with the Interim Moderator, Very Rev John C Christie email: JChristie@churchofscotland.org.uk or the Convenor, Dr Norman Gourlay email: NJGourlay@netscape.net.
Formal applications should be made by sending a CV with a covering letter to the Clerk, Christine Buchanan email: firstname.lastname@example.org All enquiries and applications will be treated in strict confidence.
The current manse, which comes with this linked charge, is situated in the heart of the village of Luss. The Minister would routinely be involved in some travel to meet the needs of the population of the larger village of Arrochar and surrounds. The two main villages are however linked by a good trunk road and are only ten miles apart. The Parishes themselves are situated in a particularly beautiful rural part of the country, although Glasgow is only 30 miles from Luss. The whole area offers significant opportunities for water-sports and hill-walking. Currently the main worship services are held at Arrochar at 10.00am and Luss at 11.45am on a Sunday. The pattern of the Part-time Ministry shall be agreed in writing by the Kirk Sessions, the Minister being called and Presbytery, in consultation if necessary, with the Ministries Council, prior to Induction to the charge.
- have worked hard during the Vacancy to develop their Vison for their future
- are not bound to the past
- are open to change
- look forward to calling a Minister who would be willing to lead them as they seek to fulfil that Vision.
- will nurture faith through worship and prayer
- will encourage the understanding of Scripture in a 21st Century World
- will provide Pastoral Care for congregations and communities
- will support elders who would welcome opportunities to develop their skills and abilities
- will be visible and active within both communities
- will focus on and engage with young families
- will be flexible in the context of the Presbytery Planning process.
Mission and Outreach
- The parishes of Arrochar and Luss are significant tourist areas and offer opportunities for contact with those who are visitors, whether as tourists or pilgrims. Welcome The congregation look forward to working under the leadership of their new Minister and would offer that Minister welcoming and supportive church communities.
Further details are available at: